Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BR-111 Master bedroom Before and after
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:40 pm 
Prized Contributor

This is a BR-111 Santo Mahogany engineered.

Before with the old nasty carpet...

After with the wood installed...

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:58 pm 
New User

wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:49 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Peryy, I recall in the past you mentioned some BR-111 that wasn't mixed very well in terms of color. Some cartons the wood was all very light and some were all dark. So how was the flooring this time around? Evenly distributed in the cartons? That would be a nightmare to be down to the last 6 cartons or so and find out they were ALL real light in color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:02 am 
Prized Contributor

That picture is of the BR-111 that wasn't mixed in the cartons very well. I started out of 5 or 6 cartons in that room, right there. She opened them and we were discussing what she wanted culled. All the cartons were fairly dark in color. So I start(the far left wall in the picture. See how it looks darker over there about 6 or 7 rows out from the wall on the left.

I go to grab 3 more cartons to get in the mix, and I open them and they are real light, and a red hugh carton. Rut row. I then opened all the cartons to find different colors. Each carton held a different color. So working from multiple cartons is out of the question. I had to open every carton and sort them by color, to determine what I had the most of, and what I had the least of.

It was a nightmare, and I ended up replacing half a small bedroom, because of it, because it had a dark racing stripe across it. Live and learn. Since this room, I have done 2 more rooms in this home with wood, and I did more carpet in another area of the home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:27 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Thanks. And I think it looks great! But I would have been POed if I had to open all the cartons prior to installing the wood and mix them together to blend the color. Total BS. What if you had run short on a job and only needed a carton or two more? So BR-111 sends out material that is all real light, or dark or red? Each carton should be a true percentage of each "color" that is normally included in that particular product. In other words, if 50% of their Santos flooring is dark brown, and 25% is red and 25% lighter, then that is the mix that should be in each and every carton. Even my unfinished red oak strip is blended at the factory to mix lengths and color. Should be much more important on a factory finished floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:39 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I agree...either charge a little more and get the general color mixes down with consistency or hire some new screeners and packaging people. For the extra time and hassle you hardly ever recoup those losses from the customer, unless they purchased the materials :D