Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BR-111 Triangulo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:02 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

BR-111 triangulo Brazilian cherry. 3/8" X 3" . Very nice product, thick wear layer and has a nice lower gloss finish. milled very well also. went together nice and tight with minimal waste.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:30 pm 
Prized Contributor

Looks good.

What would you guesstimate the percentage of short was?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:57 am 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Hard to say. SMallest pieces where about 16" or so. Average length about 24"..I'd say there was maybe 25% shorts.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Kinda knocks the Mirage Brazilian Cherry down a notch or two doesn't it Sean? Same quality, longer lengths, better grade(clear) and $2-4 bucks a square foot cheaper depending on where you look--like here for $ 5.35 square foot

Some of those pieces look longer than the 42" I had assumed. Thanks for the pics!

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:14 pm 
New User

Sean, I see you live in central Florida. I'm in Tampa. I was looking at having the BR-111 Brazilizn Cherry installed in my house and saw your pictures.

It looks great in the pics. Can you recommend anyone in the Tampa area? I was quoted a price of $7.95 sq ft installed. Is this a good price?

Any advice/suggestions you have about this product would greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:50 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I live in Clearwater and I am getting an engineered floor installed in a week or two and I expect it to go well. Check with me and I can refer my installer but let me see how it goes. His references check out well and I like him so far.

I would have bought the product from Ken but he didn't sell what I ended up liking. His price on the Triangulo is nice and the samples that I've seen are really good looking. It was just too dark for my dark home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:26 pm 
Worthy Contributor

tpafl wrote:
Sean, I see you live in central Florida. I'm in Tampa. I was looking at having the BR-111 Brazilizn Cherry installed in my house and saw your pictures.

It looks great in the pics. Can you recommend anyone in the Tampa area? I was quoted a price of $7.95 sq ft installed. Is this a good price?

Any advice/suggestions you have about this product would greatly appreciated.

Home Depot and Lowes are getting $5-$6/ft just for labor in my area. $8/ft including wood is a very low price. Almost too low.
As for Brazilian Cherry, you might want to find some people who've had it for awhile in your region. I'd be scared to death of it in Florida, but I don't live there..I installed BC in every Macy's store in Nor California about 12-15 years ago. Few places have more climate control than a department store, but that flooring looks awful. Widespread, massive cracks. Too much movement in that wood. Too much. It is not the best choice for a dark red wood. You would be better off with Santos Mahogany. Much more stable and its gorgeous.

www.theoakfloorsofmarco.com

Post subject: Triangulo VS Mirage
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:57 am 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Ken,
yes it certainly does. For my money I'd choose Triangulo any day, all the shorts with mirage drive me crazy!!. This has a great lower gloss finish which I really like, very small eased edge also. top notch product.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:04 am 
Prized Contributor

Average length of 24"... AHHHH! It was mostly what I call shorts. 24" is a short to me... LOL :D

If all this flooring is going to "shorts" I may have to raise my prices! It kills production. I recently did a job that turned out to be mostly shorts, It killed me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:25 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Widespread, massive cracks.

Department store? That could provide some clues. Could be that they've been dousing it with water to clean? I agree Santos is a better choice--looks better in my opinion instead of the dreary grain of Brazilian Cherry. Maybe I've seen too much of it and get tired of the look.

Santos Pic below.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail