Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Advice needed on Cali Bamboo flooring
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 am 
New User

Hello,
I recently purchased some click and lock Cali bamboo flooring and am having a professional installer do the job. I bought the click and lock (paid more $ for this feature) because it's supposed to be easy for do-it-yourselfers and I like the idea of not having glue or nails. I stacked it like they recommended to let acclimatize for almost a month now. I was so excited to get this floor in! Problem is, the click and lock is not so easy as they say it is. The boards aren't locking together. I contacted the company who insists that it's an installation issue and has given some tips like to tap it. The customer service rep claims these floors aren't as easy to click and lock. WHY DO THEY ADVERTISE IT AS EASY? We tried their suggestions and the same thing happens. The board just pops out at the moment it's supposed to lock together. It's like there's too much wax in the grooves. It also has some bowing where the ends lift off the ground. Cali Bamboo is telling me to wait and it will flatten. Is this true? I hope so because I need to get some floors in this house! Please help!

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Advice needed on Cali Bamboo flooring
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:04 am 
Prized Contributor

Did you open the boxes during the acclimation period? It is true you should tap them in just to insure a good lock. Is it stranded?

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail