Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Amazon Wood Floors
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 am 
New User

Hi All...
I'm new to the forum and am interested in purchasing flooring from Amazon Wood Floors out of Los Angeles. http://amazonwoodfloors.com Has anybody had any experience with or know of this company? I cant seem to find any reviews. We are wanting to use their Exotic Walnut. http://amazonwoodfloors.com/DF-EWAN1251C6.html
Any opinions as to the quality of this product?
Thanks
Tim

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Amazon Wood Floors
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm 
Worthy Contributor

I have not heard of this company. Not sure if they are regional (I'm on east coast by NYC). Looks like the website is pretty amateur, though and doesn't get many hits.

I have not heard the best things about Acacia, though, so you may want to research that. What I've heard about is that it's cheap, and that's why people are buying it, but I've heard it doesn't hold up well. This is all 2nd hand info, though, so as I said, do some research.

Debbie Gartner, aka "The Flooring Girl."
http://TheFlooringGirl.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:24 pm 
New User

I am interested in Amazon wood floors too (Cumaru). Did you go with the company? Anyone else heard anything about this brand?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:56 am 
New User

I ordered flooring from Amazon Wood Floors from their Rome Series. Don't make the same mistake I did! The sample I saw in a showroom and the website photos look nothing like the floor that was delivered! There were huge holes and gouges in the floor, some of them 1/4" deep so you could see the plywood layer under the veneer. When I contacted the company to ask about defects and holes, they simply gave me their disclaimer and were very defensive. I could not return it without paying freight and a 25% re-stocking fee. There is no way anyone would find this flooring acceptable unless they would like to get splinters and snagged socks and flooring that looks like someone took a pickaxe to it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:01 am 
New User

I have just completed an extensive remodel of our home, kitchen, bath, new flooring. We installed approximately 600 sq ft of Amazon Wood Floors Rome Series. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. The sample we were provided during the sale v. the product that was delivered is far from the same quality. My contractor and I are in the process of dealing with the company directly, whose represenative has already said that I must have used the wrong cloth to wipe a drop of water off the floor, that I explained resulted in veneer splintering from the floor! There are splinters that catch our stocking feet, exposed wood with no veneer whatsoever, let alone the "six coats" they claim on their web site as well as many defective boards in the order - almost a full box. This was not an inexpensive floor and I fear, that based on the call I had today with their Chairman, they are already posturing to not in any way whatsoever honor their "25 year warranty". He was hostile, defensive and condescending to us at the start of the conversation, without knowing any information regarding our issues. I suspect we are not the first to make such complaints. Considering this floor has not even been installed for 25 days and already looks worn and damaged, I wonder what their idea of a 25 year warranty is. I am hopeful that there will be some assistance from the retailer who sold us our floor. However, I do not recommend this product.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:10 am 
New User

To the people who have had this flooring installed, found to be of very poor quality, and had to replace can you please contact me? I am going through the exact same issue now with this company as described in the two posts above. We have done flooring inspections and everything, they are very defensive and not willing to accept any responsibility for their product. If we are all experiencing the same thing we need to get together and hold Amazon Wood Floors responsible for their product, with multiple cases it is much easier to prove they are selling poor quality flooring and do not honor the warranty.

Please email me at bradburdett@gmail.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:40 pm 
New User

Hi Brad,

We had to go with our own solution for the poor quality of the veneer finish. Our contractor had the flooring installer seal the floor at $1/sq ft which was completely fair given they did not have anything to do with supplying the Amazon Flooring. In the end, the third party floor inspector said while he completely understood our concerns and could see there was a variance between the sample and quality of actual supplied materials - he said it was "within the guidelines" and so we were on our own. When I went back to the retailer - he agreed to supply at no charge two boxes of flooring for the multiple boards we had to replace before re-sealing with a high quality finish. Now the floor looks fine, but had I known I would have never bought Amazon Floors in the first place.

Profile E-mail