Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anderson/Marghitelli/Mirage... or...?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:10 am 
New User

Hi guys.

I'm doing a research project on the Luxury Market as it applies to home construction.

I'm trying to determine:

1)What are the regional finish preferences in the different geographic parts of the US (specifically in the luxury market - if they differ from non-luxury).

2) Which products from Anderson/Marghitelli or Mirage hit that luxury customer perfectly. (Or other manufacturers as well.)

We'll call "luxury" a home that's greater than 300k on the East Coast, and more than a mil. in CA.

Anyone who'll let me ask follow-ups, please feel free to email me at michaelgraham1992@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:51 am 
New User

Novel,

Luxury market is not only served by big boys like Anderson or Mirage.
You can find smaller US manufacturers, that produce real high quality hardwood flooring products. They still hand-fed their moulders, they get high quality lumber, that high-end furniture manufacturers use, they literary take care of each board, that goes to the box. They work like 10 times slower than regular flooring mill. High-end customers are their target market.

As far as finish - I guess high-end customers like Aluminium Oxide, satin, not high gloss. Depends on customer again. We did lot of high-end homes here in Ohio. People are usually looking at colors, sometimes they like knotty, character appearance, but they don't like discoloration or mineral streaks. Sometimes they like just uniform appearance, like maple or ash without heart in it or clear red oak. They might say that I want Hickory Character ( #1/2 common ) but I don't want bleached boards, just all brown.

Take care

Vlad