Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anderson solid oak
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:04 am 
New User

Thought I'd throw my $.02 out here in case it helps someone out...

After a long period of consideration and shopping, I recently began installing some Anderson "Bryson" strips - 2.25", solid oak, 3/4 thick in 'saddle' color. I'm installing with 2" staples. I'm not a professional installer, just a fairly advanced DIYer. First crack at hardwood, but I've done some vinyl plank and laminate in the past.

I'm generally quite happy with the product. I'm finding it to be pretty slow to work with because the tongue and groove is a pretty tight fit - you can stick a few pieces together and carry them around without it falling apart. I'd not seen that with other brands and I suspect it will help keep the floor "tight" for a long time. That comes with a tradeoff though - when laying out the floor, every board has to be tapped into place and I suspect I'm working at about 1/3 the pace I would be on a looser fit floor. On the other hand, that's also resulted in a lower cull rate than I expected. I've put down about 6 boxes so far and only had 1-2 boards that were warped/kinked enough that I couldn't tap into place and have it hold there. I was able to cut them and use them at the ends of rows.

The pace I'm working would get me laughed off any job site (part due to the tight fit, part due simply to not wanting to rush myself, inexperience and all) but my floor is still dead square after ~ 50 rows.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Anderson solid oak
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm 
Prized Contributor

I've never had any issues with Anderson. I mostly use engineered.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail