Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any engineered BR111 santos mahogany pics out there?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:53 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I'm considering putting in a BR111 santos mahogany floor but first wanted to see if anyone had any pics to share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:55 pm 
Prized Contributor

You mean this stuff that looked nothing like the sample, when the client bought it??? They leave to work and come home throwning a fit when they saw the variations. They had opened 3 cartons and they were OK(same color variation, They didn't know each carton contains a whole variation and they just by chance opened 3 that had the redish tint. No instructions to cull any particular color variation, before they left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:28 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Are the 2 pictures you posted of the same room? One looks to have a very dull finish while the other appears to have a little more shine and a deeper color. Do you know what product line was used in those pictures? Was it the BR111 engineered or the triangulo engineered?

I really like the BR111 triangulo: http://www.br111.com/images/roomshots/santos_tri.jpg. Or, atleast I really like that particular photo and am trying to find a product that will give me a floor closest to that picture. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply!

Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:30 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
One looks to have a very dull finish while the other appears to have a little more shine and a deeper color.

Light can play tricks with any photographs. That is a Santos job if I recall. Perry wasn't too happy with the color variation. I don't consider it a BR111 flaw. It happens with all hardwoods and bamboo. One should mix all the boxes, including the ones on the bottom of the pallet.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail