Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone heard of Elegance Exotic Wood Flooring?
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:11 pm 
New User

I am looking at an engineered handscraped product at a local dealer but have never run across the company brand before. Does anyone on here know of them or their products?

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Elegance Exotic Wood Flooring?
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:41 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I am just guessing here but I would suspect that Elegance is a collection name and not the name of the manufacturer. As a hardwood flooring manufacturer, we would have many customers that would want their own collection name to serve the purpose that it is right now, which is to make it difficult to find it elsewhere. You will perhaps have to be forward with them and ask the actual manufacturers name, which from there you can actually do some comparison. The same product could be sold under many different names if the distributor or dealer choose to assign a proprietary name. Best of luck to you. Sincerely, Kevin Pennington

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:50 am 
New User

Check out their website:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I'm sorry but I am not familiar with that company but still believe they are not the manufacturer. What research I done shown an administrative contact of michele@newclassicfurniture.com for that particular website. This person may be able to help you more openly or directly than one of their sales agents may be allowed to. Sincerely, Kevin Pennington Prodigy Hardwood Interiors, LLC

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 am 
New User

Thanks. I've sent an email out asking who the manufacturer is. I'm nervous about a product that I can't find any information about. I have another Bruce product that I like and might go with that one because at least it is the devil I know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Most likely non USA. I can usually tell from the unusual widths. For instance 3 1/2" and 4 3/4 inch plank. I also find most solid hardwoods (excluding bamboo) made in Asia are shorter than common USA or South American sources.

Asia- 12-60" sometimes shorter
USA- 12-84"
SA- 12-84 or 88"

They're also based in California where a good number of these same companies set up shop relying on imports. Then just turn around a resell them under their own label.

I missed Kevin's comments. He is right. They just throw a label on it. There are probably a number of other sellers that offer the exact same thing but with a different name.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:27 am 
New User

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever received a response from Elegance? We found a beautiful Malaccan Cherry 5 inch solid hardwood at Floor and Decor and we really love the look of it. We would need to purchase nearly 1,000 sf and are nervous to do so since I can't find much information about Elegance. Did you purchase and install the floor? If so, are you happy?

Thanks for your time :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm 
New User

No. I never received a response from the company and did not purchase their product.

I put the whole project on hold and just not reviving the search.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:26 am 
New User

I found I am not the only one consider this. I like floor&decor's Solid Brazilian Cherry, it's $5.89/sf, I can't find any competition from Amstrong or Bruce or any other good brands, but again, if it's from those brands, it maybe over $10/sf anyway. "Elegance exotic wood flooring" should be a label name in CA but real manufacturer is from China as per on its boxes. I also found another brand named "Mazama" on builddirect.com, which sells solid Brazilian Cherry with two grades (builder grade is $4.89/sf, Premiere grade is $6.19/sf),
another online seller(http://www.brazilianhardwood.com/) gave me a very close price quota, about $5.69/sf. I believe these hardwoods should be from same or similar manufacturers in China. Anyway, they are just close to half price comparing to American brands. I found another in lowes brand name nature flooring, whose price is $8.64/sf for Solid Brazilian Cherry.

http://www.flooranddecor.com/brazilian- ... 3-4in.html

http://www.builddirect.com/Hardwood-Flo ... 82533.aspx

Profile E-mail