Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:42 am 
Worthy Contributor

Never been disappointed with any of the chemrex products. PPL has also been a steady favorite as well (and more readily available)

How many sq. ft. are you installing? Since you're in an arrid climate and cypres is in the cedar family (lives and grows in moist/soggy areas) you oughta preach the value of a decent air humidifier to be added to HVAC.

Most of the Aussie cypres floors I've gone to look at here for re-finish quotes (east of the Cascades and just north of the Poulouse ... we have avg. 26% humidity in our climate even though we have alot of green) have been abnormally gapped. I can't say whether they were installed prporly as far as acclimation goes or not, but there was DEFFINITELY more shrinkage than I would feel comfortable trying to trowel fill ...

Thanks for asking ... we've been doing better than we deserve :P
Been sick as a dog lately, but certainly busy and starting to have more fun now that I have a full time sales/scheduling person on staff. Now I can actually visit my family more frequently ... I'm sure most of you know what I mean.
SK I have some new information to modify what I told you before on the hand scraped procedures, If you ever need more info shoot me a PM.
So long.......

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail