Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A bad piece of board
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:25 am 
New User

Hello,

I just had some number 1 white oak installed in my home with a rubio clear oil finish. My installer put in a random and starkly different piece of board in my dining room. There is no other piece like it in the whole house and the color difference is jarring. I have tried to just get used to it, but unfortunately every person who sees the floor asks me why there is a completely different color of wood in just this one spot.

My installer was pretty belligerent about it when I pointed it out originally. He told me that it was normal for white oak and that he would do nothing about it. I am now going to press the issue with him because while I understand that there is a variety of colors to white oak, this one white piece is completely out of line with the rest of the 1400 sq that was installed.

He has responded with personal attacks and that he was not only to fix it. That the only way to fix it would be to cut it out and replace the board and he will never do that. I believe that it could be corrected by just staining that one board to match the rest. A simple sand and oil with rubio honey or similar. Because it is oil, it should be easier then poly.

I would appreciate any opinion the folks on this board can give me. My installer is incredibly hostile and won't discuss any options with me, it would be really helpful to hear your opinions. Sorry, I can't seem to attach a picture to this post...

Thanks for your help!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A bad piece of board
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 am 
New User

I am the original poster and believe I found a way to post a picture. Thanks
http://postimg.org/image/dtan7b6o3/3518d240/

Profile E-mail