Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 5/8" bamboo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I was asked to take a job where there was some water damage that leaked in from an adjacent buidling. It is a resturante and it is located in the basement. They current have 3 5/8" wide by 5/8" thick prefinished bamboo and it has been there for about 4 years now. The area that got water damaged has buckled and has some discoloration. I was told that the water damage has been going on for about 6 months now and they have only recently filed a claim on it. The damage is obvious and this is something that they needed for someone to fix. Here is my question: From visual evidence available to me, there is only one layer of 3/4" plywood directly over the concrete and the bamboo then sits directly on top of that. I was not able to see any glue in the area that was taken up for me, so i assume they used nails as the fastener. How should i approach this? I am concerned because it is below grade and they should be using an engineered product with a more appropriate underlayment. However, the rest of the unaffected area looks decent and i did not notice any major buckling...

Amish made hardwood