Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Big DIY Hardwood Job, Need starting point.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:55 am 
New User

I am sizing up a large DIY hardwood project for my home. I want to install new flooring in the living, dining, kitch, foyer and hall areas of my first floor. Currently there is carpet in the living/dining. There is also currently ugly pink aggregate marble tile in the foyer, kitchen and hall. I have considered going floating over the marble as that would eliminate a lot of work, but am concerned about the durability of the engineered products with regards to kids (scratches and dents) and water spills considering a significant portion of the flooring will be in the main entrance and kitchen. I plan on staying in the house for a long time and think the time invested to tear up the marble and install solid 3/4" thick flooring would be worth the effort. I have several staircases in the center of the house and a powder room breaking up the main areas. I have a diagram I can send of the room layout in anyone wants to look at it. I am looking for feedback on which wall would be a good place to start. Do I break up the install into subsections, or do I run the living and dining, and mark off caulk lines to carry them through the foyer and end up at the same point as the runs through the kitchen.