Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bona Dri Fast Coverage - Gallon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:01 pm 
New User

I've been reading for weeks what it takes to refinish hardwood floors. This site has an amazing amount of info - Thank you!

I'm lined up to refinish 500 sq ft of random width Heart Pine flooring in my 1885 Philly Row with Bona Dri fast and Traffic. I'm pretty handy and artsy so I'm sure I can give it a go.

How much coverage can I expect out of a gallon can of Dri fast? I've read that 500 sq ft should be possible..but I wanted a 2nd opinion.

Thanks,

SS

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:25 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

That should be enough as long as you don't flood the floors with it. You are refering to Bona DRI FAST stain, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:47 pm 
New User

Yes, I'm trying to get the Dri Fast Stain before everyone in SE PA is sold out! Something about the state's changing VOC laws.

I was quoted $140 a gallon for the Traffic at one place that would sell it to me, but hey didn't have ANY Bona stain in stock.

I'm hoping that the Stain isn't as marked up. I found anoyher store with 1 gallon of Red Mahogany left and 12 quarts of Cherry...but I have to get a local contractor to get it for me. I swear I feel like an underage kid buying booze!

From the looks of the samples on the Bona website, I think the Mahogany is closer to what I'm trying to do. The stairs and the finish woodwook all seems very red. Bona's Cherry seemed a little light...

This is what I found when I pulled the carpet back...the centers seemed to have been covered by area rugs and the perimeter was either paint or that awful parquet look tile.

I can't wait to post after shots. : )

Thanks for all of the help!

- SS