Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bona dri-fast stain.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:39 pm 
Valued Contributor

The more I learn about this stuff the more I wonder,"Why the freaking freak does everyone and his brother not use this stuff!?"

It is pure genius. It is also cheaper than Minwax when measured by coverage instead of sticker price.

They were way too proud of it at first, but it is only about 26 bucks a gallon retail now. I just don't get it.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:26 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

I agree Chuck, it is a great stain. I never got the coverage they said though but that doesn't matter to me. It does dry quickly and no bleedback. Very easy to use and only a moderate smell. So you can get it in gallons? Lucky you! Here in the so environmentally conscious state of California (or lunacy, depending on your perspective), we can only get qts. which our distributors enjoy charging $13.50 ea for. But I still buy it when I do a stain job. I just try to get the extra cost for the premium materials covered by the customer. And in reality, it's about twice the material cost of DuraSeal but about ten times better. On a 500 sq.ft. job, we're only talking about $25.00 more in stain cost over the typical product so worth it in every way, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:01 am 
Prized Contributor

Wow 54.00 bucks per gallon is pretty stiff, Cali is a whole diffrent world... The whole thing to me is if Bona had a few more copy cat colors of minwax's colors it would be easier for them to get people to use it. Too many guys out there are trying to match a minwax color and the cheapest easiest way is to go to the depot and grab a gallon of minwax. Didint say its the best idea i just call em as i see them.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail