Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: bona prep or menral spirits
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:36 pm 
New User

Hey all, Thanks for a great place for info and now a place for me to ask questions :P . Any how. I have oak floors I am refinishing. Sanding is done and i have stained with a minwax stain. The house they are in is vacant and i have been working on it for a while (7 months) :cry: and this top coat is the last thing i need too do before i move in.
The stain has dried for around a month so it should be nice and dry. Only thing is that i had to waslk over it some and need to get all the dust up. Not a lot of dust just a few foot prints and dust that has settled. Should i use prep or MS? Prep reads to be only for refinish over a topcoat. this floor is bare except for the oil stain.
Top coat is to be bona traffic. If I use MS how long should i let it dry before first coat of traffic. Any other steps i should do?

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:53 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

You can use towels lightly dampened with water to tack the floors. Or mineral spirits but make sure that the floors are completely dry before applying the Traffic finish. If it were me, I'd use water. Vacuum well first however

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:01 pm 
Valued Contributor

Just buy a Bona cleaning kit. Use the spray and the mop to tack. It is about as compatible a choice as you will ever find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:51 pm 
New User

thanks!! my spelling is bad :? Ill try the MS first, after a good sweep and vac.