Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bona product
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:10 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Last weekend a jive-time, infomercial style of ad came on the television. I paid no attention whatsoever until at the end when I came back into the room and heard the name "Bona". The product was "Orange-Glo" and it's supposedly a miracle rejuvenator of hardwood floor finishes. Is there any truth to this?

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:54 pm 
Worthy Contributor

It does what it says but not for long. It is not a fix all and it must be applied often to keep up the sheen. The fortunate part is it is a urethane based product so it does not affect true refinishing. Here is the info on it http://www.woodfloorcare.com/111504A00.asp . It was a partnership with Bona it is NOT a Bona product. I have tried it and it does work, it just does not work miricales. It is little more than a polish.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:33 am 
Prized Contributor

I Wouldnt bother with it myself. I have had two people in the last month call me with some pretty big nightmares using the stuff. Both times the cleaning lady left a cloudy mess on a prefinished floor with the stuff . It cost one guy a grand to have that junk taken back off. He thought it was just some kind of cleaner so they didnt clean the floor proir to applying and viola streaked up hazy finish.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:38 am 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Thanks guys. It doesn't really sound too worthwhile. It just piqued my interest since I have a rental with oak strip floors. Surprisingly, even after 13 years on the last refinishing I did, the poly is still looking good and protecting the wood.

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:03 am 
Valued Contributor

It is a great product for the average consumer. I would not demean its worth just because someone was too stupid to read the directions. I thought they just had the cleaner under the Orange Glo name. They have refresher too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:55 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Chuck, Click on the link above ( http://www.woodfloorcare.com/accessories.asp ) . They have cleaner, refinisher (refresher), mops, etc. All look similar to Bona but are red instead of blue. Problem I see with the refinisher is recoats. I do not know if this is an acrylic/urethane polish like some of the products of old ( Pattern Plus Shine, Bona Luster Coat, Mannington Ultra Finish 11, etc. ). You can't recoat floors successfully when these products have been used unless you can fully strip them from the flooring.