Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bostich N-62
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:06 pm 
Valued Contributor

Do any of you guys use this stick nailer?
I nailed about 400 feet for my dad after church this morning and he asked me to try his out. I always thought the n-60 was a pos. It did not have enough cajones to drive the cement-laden bostich nails through oak.
The n-62 is awesome! It is light as a feather and shoots like a friggen 38 special.

I have always used the Porter cable da250 for sticknailing. It shoots the same nail as the Senco SFN models. The bostich nail is really a better fastener,but I never liked the way the n-60 shot them through oak. You can't set them and you can't pull them out. The 62 shoots them like a dang handheld howitzer. I aim to buy one real soon.

For what its worth,
CHU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:55 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Chuck, We have two N62's that are three years old. They work great and are very durable.
Buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:31 pm 
Valued Contributor

I have but one beef with the design,Buddy. I was not able to slide and shoot. I had to lift the tool and depress it again. Makes toe-nailing a dangerous endeavor,in my opinion.
Is there a way to modify the safety so as to be able to continuously shoot with the safety engaged?

I had been really proud of my old,beat up DA250 until I used the 62.

I am slow to change. I got an eye opener today. My DA 250 is a pos compared to the 62. I was blasting in nails at 85psi!(I never even bothered to get another hose to plug straight to tank) I'd like to take that thing apart and see how they made such a small gun so powerful.

Thanks,
CHU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:50 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Hey Chuck,
I tried that nailer out at my distributors a couple of months ago. Just to see how powerful it was, I shot numerous 2&1/2 nails into a braz cherry stair tread; 1&1/16" thick. It blasted right into the tread and not one nail misfired or not fully set. A fantastic nailer! Tons of power needed for those real hard woods. If I didn't already have two Senco's, I'd a bought one on the spot. When my Senco's die, I'll look for one at a discount.
http://www.flooring-nailers.com/Reviews ... &Form=Shop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:31 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Sounds like a great gun I am getting a little tired of my SFN-1. How is the Bostich for replacement kits? How hard to replace the drive pin? How easy to get those parts? How hard to get nails And last, what makes the nails better?

www.theoakfloorsofmarco.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:32 pm 
Valued Contributor

I can't imagine it being hard to find bostich fasteners.
I can't speak to the ease of re-building the gun,but I doubt it would be much more involved than rebuilding any other stick-nailer.

One really cool feature is the mag- release. There is no trap door on the front of the tool. Instead, there is a lever at the back of the mag that allows you to take the whole thing loose from the gun with a click and a shift. I'm sure the lack of a trap door at the front reduces jamming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:36 pm 
Valued Contributor

Oh,
The nails are better just cuz they are better. Had you ever had the opportunity to use both,you would know what I mean. They are loaded with cement. They stick like the dickens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:08 pm 
Worthy Contributor

I checked it out today at the local hardware store. 199 bucks. I hate my new Senco; won't put a 2" nail through BC, hard to shoot into the tongue, blah, blah blah. I'm gonna pawn it off on some unsuspecting wannbe wood man, anf get myself one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:01 am 
Valued Contributor

Hey Stevo,
Ever see the SFN30? I would like to have that one too. Alas, so many tools,so few hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:24 pm 
Worthy Contributor

ChuckCoffer wrote:
I can't imagine it being hard to find bostich fasteners.
I can't speak to the ease of re-building the gun,but I doubt it would be much more involved than rebuilding any other stick-nailer.

well, hopefully drive-pin replacement is a little easier. I dread that on the Senco, even with their little plastic piston holder. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

www.theoakfloorsofmarco.com