Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bostitch Stapler Shoes For 5/8?
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 pm 
New User

Ok, new to the site and am amazed at all the good advice that I read here, so I decided to join up and see what I can find out here to increase my knowledge.

I have always just installed 3/4" hardwoods, nothing else. I have installed just about every kind of 3/4" there is, but there is a lot of new stuff out there now and I am trying to get back in the game now more on my own instead of for a company. I have done a few jobs in the past couple months, but now I have a job coming up that is going to be bamboo and I'm guessing that it will be 5/8" and I already have all the bostitch gear and everything, but I don't have a boot or shoe for 5/8". I don't want to buy another gun and would rather try and modify or buy a new shoe. Can I buy this or anyone know of where I can get one?

Also if anyone has any tips for 5/8" bamboo, that would also be a big help too. Thanks a lot.

David

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Bostitch Stapler Shoes For 5/8?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:35 pm 
Prized Contributor

Your going to need another gun!

One of the main reasons for the newer floor runner style guns, with the thin gauge, longer(1½") staples, is the known characteristic of fastener pimples in 5/8 Bamboo, from 15 gauge staples.

Teragren requires the thinner, long staples.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm 
New User

Which gun will I need? I was worried about that, but more and more people are asking about bamboo, so I should have another gun. Can you tell me which one I need?

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I didn't realize I didn't check the "notify me when..."
Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:01 am 
Prized Contributor

My personal recommendation is Primatech #250. Uses 18 gauge cleats and the gun is adjustable up and down and forward and backward to accomodate any floor from 3/8th inch to 5/8th inch simply by adjusting two cam mechanisms.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:30 pm 
New User

Are those air staplers? Not big at all on manual guns. A little pricey, but looks like I could use them for just about anything. They don't damage the finish on the floors and they don't crack anything? I think I might have to invest soon. I didn't get the job anyways. It's 620sqft and somebody got it at $1200, with a whole bunch of extra stuff (installing all new baseboard on top of the new hardwood). How do people make any money?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm 
Prized Contributor

I use to live pretty well off $1200 a week. What's that, 4 days work, unless it is plank, then 3 days work?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 pm 
Prized Contributor

duramaxblade wrote:
Are those air staplers? Not big at all on manual guns. A little pricey, but looks like I could use them for just about anything. They don't damage the finish on the floors and they don't crack anything? I think I might have to invest soon. I didn't get the job anyways. It's 620sqft and somebody got it at $1200, with a whole bunch of extra stuff (installing all new baseboard on top of the new hardwood). How do people make any money?

I'm hearing ya dude. Lost one a week ago just like you did. He's dong everything for one low price. Oh well, I'm on a 1600 footer now but its a click lam and I'm getting the same price as he is for just the floor and no hallways.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 pm 
New User

I almost forgot about this post. So listen to what happened. I ended up getting the job after some idiot tried to install the floor. This fool was predrilling and HANDNAILING finish nails into the flooring!!! I stayed at the same price and she actually called me back to install another floor upstairs.
Some people are so stupid!!!

Profile E-mail