Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BR111 No Longer Sold At Dealer Level?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

It looks like BR111 is an internet company now, or that's what I get from their new website look. Try their search for "find a store"

http://www.br111.com/hardwoodfloors/pc/ ... ocator.asp

Any dealers out there? What's your take?

Who will fill in their shoes? Cikel?

Personally I think it's a bad move, or maybe the owners feel better with a smaller company. What I'm trying to say is I doubt they can keep pace, or come close with sales on the web versus working with dealers.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: BR111 No Longer Sold At Dealer Level?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:10 pm 
Valued Contributor

Yeah I don't know what's going on there. There are still some dealers listed in my area, and when I check my distributor they still have it listed and in stock. But I compared one product the Sicilian Teak engineered 3/8 X 4 the price from BR111 is 3.99/sf and from my dist is 7.63/sf.
Looks like theirs will be the next samples to find their way to the dumpster.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 am 
New User

Ken Fisher wrote:
It looks like BR111 is an internet company now, or that's what I get from their new website look. Try their search for "find a store"

http://www.br111.com/hardwoodfloors/pc/ ... ocator.asp

Any dealers out there? What's your take?

Who will fill in their shoes? Cikel?

Personally I think it's a bad move, or maybe the owners feel better with a smaller company. What I'm trying to say is I doubt they can keep pace, or come close with sales on the web versus working with dealers.

GOOD MORNING! this is Daniel at BR111. I would like to clarify that the whole idea behind the latest changes, were to protect the BR111 brand which took us all 20 years to built, and due to the unfortunately conditions of our economy, BR111 brand were being "beat" by low quality products, where "prices" were the only rules of the game.
We like to think that all we've done, was to protect the best exotic brand in the market. Dealers were not left behind on this process at all, we invite you to sign or convince your dealers, to become a BR111 dealer, and to sell our products. There are different levels of discounts to protect our dealers, based on their performance, we will, more than ever, market our brand to the final consumer, and will do what ever we can to drive traffic to your store and yet, protect the positioning of BR111 in the marketplace.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for stopping by Daniel.

It should be interesting in how things pan out for you folks. I was taking a stab with the unlimited information I had. What I don't understand is how a small mom and pop dealer for example can compete with the prices shown on your site. When considering how people shop these days they generally find products in stores, then head to the web for more information. Will these smaller guys be able to offer those kind of prices?

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 am 
New User

Ken Fisher wrote:
Thanks for stopping by Daniel.

It should be interesting in how things pan out for you folks. I was taking a stab with the unlimited information I had. What I don't understand is how a small mom and pop dealer for example can compete with the prices shown on your site. When considering how people shop these days they generally find products in stores, then head to the web for more information. Will these smaller guys be able to offer those kind of prices?

hey Ken...allow me to quote what Jeff had said "Sicilian Teak engineered 3/8 X 4 the price from BR111 is 3.99/sf and from my dist is 7.63/sf."
under those conditions, not me the "mom and pop" nor any body would survive selling BR111 products, as it was "unsaleable" due to the high costs of it to the final consumer.
we're still protecting the dealer margins based on their performance and hoping that they can sell other profitable services to their customers, while they enjoy the higher traffic we will try to bring over to their stores, with a massive marketing campaign showing that BR111 products are again "reachable" to the average consumer.
have a great day!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:38 am 
New User

jeff burstein wrote:
Yeah I don't know what's going on there. There are still some dealers listed in my area, and when I check my distributor they still have it listed and in stock. But I compared one product the Sicilian Teak engineered 3/8 X 4 the price from BR111 is 3.99/sf and from my dist is 7.63/sf.
Looks like theirs will be the next samples to find their way to the dumpster.

morning jeff,
why would you think that, if I've read it right, what you just said above, it translates into "BR111 is finally showing some concern and respect to its brand and the competitiveness of it in today's market" what would you say your chances were, of selling a $7.63 to Mr. John or Mary, versus the same product at $3.99 now...where, with that "lot more possible sale now", you can still make a profit and hopefully sell service along with it.
hopefully that display will find its way over to the front of the store, that is what we believe and hope for!
thanks budy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:39 am 
Valued Contributor

Hi Daniel:
As Ken said the way everyone is shopping I can't mark your product up. When the consumer goes to your website and sees what they can buy it for direct there is not much of a chance of making a profit on your material therefore no way of getting a better price by selling quantity.
If I am going to be handling and ultimately being responsible for the material I need to make something on it. The only way to make it work is if you start off by offering it to us dealers at an already discounted price with enough of a margin so as we can mark it up to what you are selling it direct for.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:54 pm 
New User

I spoke to Ricardo at BR111 and I think you will like the program once you get it.

First off, the retail price on the internet includes a margin for me - bigger than the margin I currently make on hardwood. Secondly, if I don't make the sale and the customer buys online I still make money.

Really, when you think about it - this is the smarter way to do business. I've talked to two other friends in my group and we're all in favor of it. This is very smart on BR-111s' part.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:04 pm 
Prized Contributor

designdominates wrote:
I . Secondly, if I don't make the sale and the customer buys online I still make money.

Really, when you think about it - this is the smarter way to do business. I've talked to two other friends in my group and we're all in favor of it. This is very smart on BR-111s' part.

I am mystified how you can make money if they buy online. Is it by installation?

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail