Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bruce Hardwood Riverside or Glen Cove Plank in SADDLE Color
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:24 am 
New User

Anyone seen the Bruce Riverside Plank or the Glen Cove Plank hardwood flooring INSTALLED in the SADDLE finish? If so, is it very dark--like a saddle or brown shoe (lol), or does it have a good bit of warmth to it? (Want warmth in a floor, just not as red as Gunstock).

Trying to find something to match old Bruce Glen Cove Plank in the Gunstock finish in the dining room. It's the type that has to be waxed, and it has aged over the years.

The sample of Bruce SADDLE color now matches our Gunstock floor, and we're wanting to use the Riverside Plank instead of the Glen Cove Plank.

The old Bruce Glen Cove Plank will be adjacent to the new floor. Salespeople say that we can just lay it in the opposite direction, but that will be placing in on the horizontal instead of going the length of a 20' x 17' room.

The SADDLE sample in the store looks nice, but worrying with all the online photos showing SADDLE looking dark brown.

Salesperson says that with either Bruce plank we choose, the color SADDLE will be the same.

:roll: :?: :?:

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:44 am 
Prized Contributor

Quote:
we choose, the color SADDLE will be the sameSalesperson says that with either Bruce plank
The sales person is wrong. Go back in there and ask to see a sample of Bruce Fulton Strip in Saddle and compare it to what you are looking at.

Saddle is the only color I've had any major issues with... on some Bruce product lines it may be a lighter in shade and somewhat blotchy in appearance. It does make for a fairly dark floor .

I can't see where Gunstock has any red to it... the Cherry color does have a reddish tint.

The only sure way is to order one carton before you decide on anything.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Bruce Riverside Plank in Saddle Color
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 pm 
New User

Jerry, thanks for your reply.

I had thought about ordering a box or carton. Better to have to pay freight than do 1,000 feet of floor that doesn't match.

For comparison purposes, the Bruce Glen Cove Plank is orangey instead of red. (My existing BGCPlank has aged and is a much nicer color and does not match the new engineered Gunstock color).

Why did you mention the Fulton Strip? Hard to tell from online, but will ask about it when I go back to the store.

Regards,

Jan