Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: bumps in the new floor
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:29 am 
New User

My installers are working on my engineered Brazilian Cherry (9/16 inch) floor right now. It's a glue-down to the concret slab with vinyl moisture barrier underneath the wood. They let me walk on it a bit today when they were still installing the rest. I didn't find any hollow sound and feel most of the floor is quite smooth. But there are a few areas which I can feel a small hump. I can't tell the bumps with eyes, but it's pretty easy to feel them when walking on it. The installers said that they didn't smooth the concret slab before installation since it looks pretty flat. They told me not to worry about the bumps. Is it normal to have a bit small humps with these types of floors? What should I pay attention to when I have the final walk-through with the installer? I appreciated your comments on this!

Thanks a lot!

Ashley

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:07 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Well Ashley,
Most slabs are not perfect and the installers are supposed to check for high and low spots before installing the floors. The recommendation is flat to within 3/16" within a 10' radius. But it seems like you're past that now since the floor is already installed. If there are no hollow spots and you can live with it, I'd leave it alone. Ask how long they warranty their installations. 1 year is average and if there was an installation problem, odds are it will show up within that first year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:08 pm 
New User

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply. They warranty the installation for a year, and hopefully it will take care of any potential problems.

Ashley