Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buying bulk hardwood floor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:15 pm 
New User

We are building a home in a development where we know 5 of the other buyers. Looking at the builders pricing on hardwood upgrade, it comes out to about $10 a square foot for Bruce 3.25 oak floors.

Is there a way all 6 of us could go to a mill or a manufacturer and get better pricing? We would probably end up buying 15 to 20k Sq Ft all together. Is this feasible? This development is in NJ.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Buying bulk hardwood floor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 pm 
Prized Contributor

That is a good price for installed flooring. It should be done before the base board is installed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:35 am 
Valued Contributor

Bruce has several different grades of flooring and the prices vary. Which product line (grade) is the $10 for?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:17 am 
Site Admin

Look at online sellers. They love to "give away" large quantities for bragging rights :lol:

Hurst Hardwoods comes to mind...but make sure it's not cabin grade or seconds.
True Hardwoods is another. And then some distributors (eliminates middleman) will sell to a retail customer behind a dealers back. Had that happen.

But the builder may be doing the same. Most of us know those guys..."give me your best price and you'll get all of our jobs." Heard that many times.

Then you need an installer. Depending on where you are you could get some great deals, but it's always buyer beware. You always get what you pay for.

Bruce is out of the picture. They won't sell to you. Other smaller manufacturers are a possibility. Trying to think of one.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 am 
New User

JIMMIEM wrote:
Bruce has several different grades of flooring and the prices vary. Which product line (grade) is the $10 for?

I am not sure which line yet. But I am going to assume the lowest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:15 am 
New User

Ken Fisher wrote:
Look at online sellers. They love to "give away" large quantities for bragging rights :lol:

Hurst Hardwoods comes to mind...but make sure it's not cabin grade or seconds.
True Hardwoods is another. And then some distributors (eliminates middleman) will sell to a retail customer behind a dealers back. Had that happen.

But the builder may be doing the same. Most of us know those guys..."give me your best price and you'll get all of our jobs." Heard that many times.

Then you need an installer. Depending on where you are you could get some great deals, but it's always buyer beware. You always get what you pay for.

Bruce is out of the picture. They won't sell to you. Other smaller manufacturers are a possibility. Trying to think of one.

Thank you! Do you know which distributor would sell directly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Do you know which distributor would sell directly?

Do you know which distributor would sell directly? It's hit or miss. Here's another option....

Dan Cosgrove at brazilianhardwood.com.

He doesn't sell just exotics but has a boat load of mill connections in the US. He's in Bucks County PA ...probably near you.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:47 pm 
Valued Contributor

tufan wrote:
JIMMIEM wrote:

I am not sure which line yet. But I am going to assume the lowest.

If it's the lowest then $10 seems high. If you're planning on living in the home for a while get something you really like. If the other home buyers are of a like mind spend some time and do some research on what's out there. If the GC has a favorite supplier then of course whatever line(s) they carry is 'the best'.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:31 am 
New User

tufan, we have dealers all over the US and can offer very competitive price for bigger projects. Please let us know your contacts to better assist you. Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Aayers:

This isn't Houzz. I'm watching you. Provide some quality responses and I may change my tune.

Profile E-mail