Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CDX Subfloor adhesion/fixing options
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:43 pm 
New User

Hi all

Firstly apologies if this has been done to death but I have read so many posts I am going round in circles

I am due to install circa 50m2 of 16mm engineered oak flooring (woodpecker flooring) at home. It is at ground floor level (but circa 12 inches above external floor level) on a concrete slab (part of which definitely has a integral DPM course and insulated layer) that was poured approx 10 years ago. When I lifted the previous laminate flooring there was a felt type underlay with a plastic membrane underneath. There was ZERO evidence of damp whatsoever and my (budget range) damp meter records little to/no damp.

Part of the room (circa 15m2) is already tiled with a limestone/travertine type flooring. For various reasons I wish to bring the overall height of the finished floor level up so I will be part laying the new floor over the existing tiles. To do this I am also building up the area of flooring without the tiles with 18mm CDX which matches the finished level of the tiles.

The non tiled area of floor has been self levelled circa 4 weeks ago.it Probably required up to about 5mm self levelling in places, but now has a good level throughout.

My preference (I think)is to screw 16mm CDX to subfloor and the glue engineered oak (T&G) to CDX rather than float it.

What are your opinions on the best methodology/fixing for CDX to concrete subfloor and engineered oak to CDX

I have spoken with manufacturer but they were fairly open ended in their recommendations

I don't wish to glue to CDX subfloor to self levelled floor in case we make changes in the future (I.e. Change to a tiled floor) and I have a floor full of edhesive to deal with

Thanks in advance

Edd

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CDX Subfloor adhesion/fixing options
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 pm 
Prized Contributor

Tap-cons for the ply, Star Fasteners screw and go, pre-drilled through the ply with 7/16ths bit, pre-drilled with a 5/32nd rotary hammer into the cement or tile., every 12 inches, eight inches on perimeter of ply. Use 18 ga, staples with a floor runner by Bostich for the flooring.

Profile E-mail