Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Century Flooring reviews
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm 
New User

I am about to buy some Oak Flooring manufactured by Century Flooring. Has anybody ever used them and could you give some reviews? The thing that caught my eye was their warrenty is only 15yrs. That made me wonder about the qaulity of there finish.
their web site is Centuryflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Century Flooring reviews
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm 
Valued Contributor

They used to be owned by or the same thing as Columbia. They are both now owned by Mohawk. They were a nice product for their price point, but haven't worked it with since the switch.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Century Flooring reviews
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:59 am 
New User

Dominic,
You must be looking at the Cabot series. It has a 15 yr warranty. The Arlington series has a 25 year warranty. Honestly, both have the same finish. It is a numbers game. Cabot is a great floor if you want some natural color variation, and a little more character( small knots, mineral streaks). Arlington would be a *cleaner" grade, with less of those characteristics. Both series have an aluminum oxide, UV cured finish with "Scotchguard" protection. Almost all prefinished manufacturers use aluminum oxide finish, so don't be fooled by the idea that a higher end product will necessarily be more durable. Century is a great product, and has a much smaller bevel than most prefinished products. Enjoy!

Profile E-mail