Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Changes Made
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 am 
Site Admin

It took long enough to get through the way this board works, but what do ya'll think? I always disliked that wide open look in larger screen resolutions where it became hard to read a body of text (long lines) without getting lost sort of speak. I also increased the size of the text because most visitors we get are over 40 years of age, or at a time the eyesight begins to go downhill for many.

A few more things to tinker with. Text still looks small when viewed on Ipads, but a good improvement I would think. Didn't check what it looked like before. Any tablet users out there?

Colors? I've never really been good at that.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Changes Made
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Looks great,Ken :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

New. Upload your profile picture. I am going to prefer pictures of only yourself so we can authenticate the site better, (business logo works too) if that makes any sense...except for the administrator who can do anything he wants :lol:

Besides I'm in a festive mood.

How to upload?

Go to User Control Panel
Go To Profile
Go To Edit Avatar

...upload pics from your machine. 100 pixels x 100 pixels. Not sure if it automatically re sizes. Maximum pic size 20KiB.

Click submit

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:49 am 
Site Admin

No wonder the board activity is nill. It looks like I had the new registration option is disabled! Probably goes back to early October when the bots ran wild on the board. Anybody see any other odd things I don't see?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 am 
Newbie Contributor

Ken just asking have you updated the bulletin board software since I notice the date 2007 phpBB group at the bottom???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 pm 
Prized Contributor

[quote="Ken Fisher"]No wonder the board activity is nill. It looks like I had the new registration option is disabled! Probably goes back to early October when the bots ran wild on the board. Anybody see any other odd things I don't see?[/quote]

That would answer a few questions. Hey, I got no smileys

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure why these messages get stuck in the approval mode. I just noticed them. I see smilies.

Update? It's almost current, but definitely not 2007. More like early 2012. I did actually speak to Keith a week ago said he will try to make more time for the little things. Thanks SP. Always nice to hear feedback. Now all I have to figure out is if this place has been affected by Google algo changes too. The traffic was trending down indicating yes, it's being disliked by The Gorg. But that's the new Google internet. Favoring big name brands and forget about uniqueness.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Good news. Site traffic is back to old levels. That's why you see more activity. Join in guys, could always use the help. There are a lot of subjects I'm unfamiliar with.

Profile E-mail