Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cherry Floors - Dull and scratched
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51 am 
New User

I recently moved into a loft in NYC which has Cherry Floors which have been stained a espresso color and I assume finished with a stain water-base poly of some kind. The poly finish appears to be very light which make the wood look as if there is no almost no finish at all. This was done approximately one year ago (before I moved in) and the floor is looking very dull and many light surface scratches. I clean the floor with Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. I noticed when the floor is sprayed with cleaning fluid and it wet, the wood becomes very vibrant and then re-drys to it dull finish. I wondering if there is anything I can do to make the color more vibrant and richer like it is when it is wet. Should I wax it?? or apply an another coat of poly?? Any suggestions???

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:47 am 
Prized Contributor

Look into the Basic Coatings TyKote recoating system. No sanding required. Then used a gloss finish, and they will look wet all the time.

Never spray or pour the wood floor cleaner on the flooring!!!! Spray or dampen your towel or cleaning bonnet.