Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Choosing on Equipment
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 pm 
New User

I am looking at different "dust free" systems to purchase and was hoping to help some help.

I looked at Bona but that seems to be overpriced.
I looked at oneida which seems pretty good.
I also looked at harvester which looks pretty good and is located close to me so technical assistance and repairs would be a breeze.

I am leaning towards harvester but dont know much about them..hoping you guys could help me make a smart decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:16 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

You could go to Bill Price's web site, Floormasters, and search the comments on dust collection. Lots of opinions there. The Latta line of dust collection seems to be as good as it gets and reasonable in cost compared to BONA or Clarke. IMO, I don't like the idea of Oneida's filters on the tools. Just get in my way. If I were to spend the big bucks, I'd probably opt for the Latta set-up. As it is, my current equipment works quite well at containing dust so all I need is a small Clarke for my edger and buffer.

Bill's forum:
http://www.floormasters.com/community/v ... a0da0b6abb

Latta equipment:
http://www.lattaequipment.com/products/ ... %5FSeries/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:23 am 
Newbie Contributor

I found this site while googling around and he uses Latta equipment. There are pictures of the setup at:

http://www.faceliftfloors.com/dust-containment/

I don't know if this is a usual setup (from the site):

Quote:
I have to insure that from start to finish these filters do the job. So with the large 28 sq. ft. filter captures 99.97% of all dust down to .5 microns. To increase efficiency, we installed a 30 gallon drum with a cyclone lid ahead of the vacuum system. It captures 95-98% of the dust from the sanding machines right into a plastic bag, while the rest is caught by the filter and drops into a 9 gallon pan. Plenty of suction and great filtration. I can set up this unit in the house and leave no contamination. I have used the dust containment system on a number of jobs, and to date, I have observed no airborne dust. None on the windows, walls, or myself.