Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: city plank teak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:25 pm 
Newbie Contributor

this product is a pleasure to work with. A lot of these boards have an amazing grain pattern, almost like walnut, swirls and beautiful shades, we saved some of the nicer ones for the traffic areas. This is not a floor you see every day and in my opinion adds to its appeal.

stupid broom :evil:

Post subject: Not Stupid Broom!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

Sean:

When I had my other site on the web--Floridawoodfloors.net I had a broom shown in many pics. I stressed the importance of keeping the job clean and people really appreciated that. There's nothing worse than seeing a good installation with tools, wood scraps etc. strewn all over the place for others to walk all over.

How many times have we all seen dings and dents in new floors--even when they were covered!

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:31 am 
Newbie Contributor

I just got the City Plank sampler kit and it looks like the type I floor I want. Beautiful looking stuff.
How did you install the teak floor?

If naildown, was it stapled or cleats?

thanks

Mr Bill5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Mr Bill:

Chances are great that was a gluedown considering Sean is in the Orlando area--concrete slabs everywhere. You'll need something like the Bostich or Senco designed for engineered floors. You'll be pleased with the City Plank. It doesn't sell well off our site because it's a regional brand--but it beats the quality of many similar products being sold out there. Where are you located?

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:34 am 
Newbie Contributor

Near Allentown PA.
I have a tough choice between the City Plank Teak or Aussie Cypress and the other contender being Mullican Tigerwood. It will be a nail down job.

I could easily live with any of the above choices. Going in 1 bedroom.

The biggest thing going for the City Plank is that the relative humidity in our house varies from about 25% in the winter to about 65% in the summer. This is with a heatpump for cooling and oil heat in the winter.

Any idea about how much it would cost to ship about 220 ft2 of the above flooring to 18106?

By the way, thanks for the reply. Can't get too much info when doing home repairs.

mrbill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Mr Bill:

$85.00 to a place of business or local freight terminal based on 213.50 SF--Three day transit time

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:13 am 
Newbie Contributor

What is the minimum subfloor thickness for nailing down the City Plank product? I have 3/4" plywood. It is kind-of hard to find this info.

Thanks

Mr Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

Mr. Bill:

You're all set. Staples go in on a 45ยบ angle. They may penetrate the subfloor by 3/8" or so. I agree there isn't much information on installing the FA product--website lacks alot of needed information. It hasn't been updated in at least three years. If you have pop up blockers forget it.

http://www.forestaccents.com/

Profile E-mail