Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cleaning insulation from salvaged maple gym floor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:16 am 
New User

We are in the last stages of renovating our house and wondering the best way to clean our floors. During the renovation we had to tear out the ceilings in the house getting the nasty old loose insulation everywhere. We have been cleaning and it keeps appearing out of nowhere. The floor we have is salvaged maple gym floor that still has original finish from the gym. I have decided not to refinish it due to have two kids under the age of three and I don't want to refinish them now with all the toys and spills the will see in the next 18 years.
To be honest I like the way they look with the random colors... it gives it character.
So main question is how to I clean the insulation since my floors are not sealed?
I've been thinking of having a professional come and clean them but wanted advice before doing that because if possible I would like to save the money.
Thank you!

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Cleaning insulation from salvaged maple gym floor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 am 
Prized Contributor

A good vacuum with a bristle brush head on the wand is probably the best that you can do. A good vacuum should be what you use for your regular maintenance.
For smaller particles a better filter may be installed to catch the tiny particles. This type of filter is used after lead paint removal. I like the vacuums that are carried on your back and have a motor that is much stronger than a household canister type. This type would do the best job for cleaning a hardwood floor of dust and grit.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cleaning insulation from salvaged maple gym floor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm 
New User

Thank you very much. We will give it a try.