Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cleaning Pine finished with Poly and 10 years of Mop & Glo
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:02 pm 
New User

Hello, I'm a homeowner and can't seem to get a straight answer. Ten years ago, my 130 year old pine floors were sanded, refinished, and sealed with polyurethane. I cleaned the floors with Bona. Then I hired a new housekeeper and somewhere along the way, Mop & Glo or Pledge became the standard. I noticed that the floors were looking shiny, but there was a build up up dust and dirt encased in acrylic in all the corners, up on the side of the baseboard, around the base of the toilet and the pedestal sink and the furniture legs. It's disgusting. Also, spilled liquid leaves a bright white stain, which fades over time. Please advise me on 1) Now that I have 10 years of acrylic built up over my poly, how do I clean the floors? Would the Bona Deep Clean product help remove some of the acrylic? 2) If I splurge to REFINISH THE FLOORS AGAIN and seal with poly again, what should I be cleaning with? Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cleaning Pine finished with Poly and 10 years of Mop & Glo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 am 
Prized Contributor

Use non-ammoniated stripper to get the build-up off. Don't let it sit too long. A floor polisher/buffer will save a lot of work. You will probably need to use the polish again to bring back the shine.

Profile E-mail