Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Closet doors over floating floor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:11 pm 
New User

Hi, folks. Just wanted to find out if anyone has suggestions for the best type of closet doors to install on top of floating wood floors. The folding doors require a metal bracket on each end of the door. Sliding doors require a complete track across the floor. Floating wood floors don't like anything to be attached to the subfloor. What's the best solution?

Thanks,
Bob D.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:19 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

If you use wood sliding doors, you will only need a small guide in the center of the opening. The weight of the doros is carried by the overhead rollers and these don't use tracks on the bottoms. Stanley makes sliding door hardware for attaching to standard interior wood doors. It is quite easy. Mirrored sliding doors do use a track on the floor due to the weight of the glass. I used wood doors in my home in a 6 panel design to match all the other interior doors. I'm quite happy with how they work and look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:38 am 
Prized Contributor

If you would rather use bi folds the bottom pivot bracket does not have to screwed down to the floor. Use long screws and mount them to the cased open itself. make sure the screws are long enough to pass thru the jamb into the jack studs.

There could be quite a a gap between the jamb and stud, so don't over tighten the screws too much.

Profile E-mail