Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Commercial Sanding
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 pm 
New User

Hello I'm a commercial floor sander in Texas. I'm looking for some good used equipment 12" drum sanders any manufact, 8" lagler Hummel/elf, super7 edgers, 4/10 power cords, 3/10 cords, ez-way tanks, 24" or 18" light T bars. 16" buffers basically any professionally used sand and finish equipment. I appreciate any input. It's my first visit to your forum I've been in the sport flooring business professionally for the last 13 years prior to that I was forced as a family member to the family business. Turned out I actually enjoy flooring more than any of my other pursuits. Thanks again.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Commercial Sanding
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:07 am 
Valued Contributor

I'm selling my Bona Belt 10 inch sander .Works perfectly and is in great overall condition.The only problem is that I am in Connecticut .It would have to be shipped via freight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
New User

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply I'm interested I haven't worked with that particular model but am definitely interested as it may be more productive for me behind bleachers than my Hummel. 2" may not seem like slot to some people but that's about an extra board per run. What electrical service is required and what do belts cost you a piece(avg). Do you like the machine? Finally what's your price? I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:16 am 
Valued Contributor

The machine works great on large areas that are relatively flat. The hummel is a more effective machine on floors that are very lumpy or uneven. So basically, the Bona Belt 10 is suited for what you're looking to do I think. I've seen some of the 12 inch machines but they are all expensive and paper is hard to find.

it is a 220v machine that connects pretty much the same way as a hummel.The plug that is on the machine is a 30 amp connector though where the hummel imported into the USa is a 20 amp connector plug. The 30 amp is slightly larger than the 20 so that the two cannot be used together or confused.

I was buying most of my belts online from floor mechanics dot com www.floormechanics.com I mostly bought the Bona brand but also tried 3M and Virginia.

As far as how I like the machine, it is over all good. I prefer the Hummel for most homes that I work in because most of the homes I work in consist of small to medium rooms but for gyms, I prefer the Bona as it gets more work done .As far as reliability, I have had no issues with the Bona machine.its top roller is metal and will last years where the hummel has a rubber top roller that needs replacing about 1 time per year.

Here's a link to what the machine costs new at Floor Mechanics. About $5700.00 http://www.floormechanics.com/floor_mac ... %29130.php

I'm willing to let my machine go for $3000.00 .So whoever decides to buy it needs to pick up freight charges on their end.IF you decide you want to buy it, I can exchange my ebay user name with you so that you can see my good rep in selling and maybe I could make a video of the machine that shows it working and how to operate it .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 pm 
New User

Certainly a fair price I'm interested let me check on freight Monday and we can discuss a short video of the machine, payment, and see if we can get something finalized in the near future. Let me know if you would like to communicate privately via email or phone when we get down to business The first part if next week. Thanks and I appreciate your time.
Sean C
Sports R Us

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 am 
Valued Contributor

Dusty wrote:
Certainly a fair price I'm interested let me check on freight Monday and we can discuss a short video of the machine, payment, and see if we can get something finalized in the near future. Let me know if you would like to communicate privately via email or phone when we get down to business The first part if next week. Thanks and I appreciate your time.
Sean C
Sports R Us

I imagine that the moderator would appreciate us taking it to email. I shoot you a PM with my contact info

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 pm 
Prized Contributor

Actually I have a Clarke 12" drum I'll let go cheap, if someone wants it :wink:

Profile E-mail