Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: design question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:23 am 
Semi Newbie Contributor

I posted this elsewhere, but it was buried in the post.

I already have a tiled entryway at my front door. Do you think I should scrape that up and just go with the wood everywhere? I see in the DIY tips section on floating floors installation, the link to Hardwood Floors Orlando (http://www.hhfloors.com/). Their website has several nice pictures of installed floors and one of them shows a tiled area at the front entry just like mine. I'm not sure I like it, but I know -nearly everything- is personal preference. What do you guys think? What is common practice?

URL again [/url]http://www.hhfloors.com/[url][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:43 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Yes and no. Meaning, yes, I see it all the time and in fact, the job I'm currently working on has a tiled entry to wood. And no, I prefer the wood over the tile. Often the tile will be higher and transition trims need to be installed. And I don't care for breaking floor areas up with flooring. And I have traditional/victorian tastes in interior decor. Tile on floors doesn't work so well with that, except in bathrooms. Bottom line, no right or wrong answer, totally homeowner preference. One thing to remember. You can refinish a floor to change color or improve appearence. With tile, you have to tear it out and replace it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:32 pm 
Prized Contributor

I think the flow is better when the floors is not broken up by tile although in a sandy area it might be a good thing for walking off debris, well now that i think about it a door mat will be the same job with out disrupting the flow.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail