Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Did i get ripped off? Shorts in box
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:40 am 
New User

I bought 1200 feet of Solid 3/4 x 5 (was told it was #1 when I ordered it) it came in 60 some cartons. Product is currently at the dealers shop in storage and I picked up a few box's so I could get a spacing schedule. Upon opening the two cartons of 19 sq ft each I found maybe 3 pieces in each box between 18" a less than 2ft, several at 18" and the maybe 5 or 6 at 12"and the rest right around 8".

Granted I did not open all cartons but I suspect the situation is not going to get much better. Is this what I should expect for #1 grade from a major manufacture or did shorts get mis-labled? I am not a professional but I did read on nailing schedules and I don't see how this could be installed properly, there is no way to offset joints between rows with this many shorts. Based on what I received so far I think my waste factor is about %85.

I will be taking to my dealer about this (he did not see contents of box yet) but need some understanding of what to expect and what would be normal for #1 product. This is a Mohawk 3x4 x 5RL flooring 32491-40 on label 19sq ft.

I bought from a local dealer but here is an internet link to the product in 45" width
http://www.qualityflooring4less.com/moh ... -gh05.html
I found this article
http://www.hardwoods4less.com/learning- ... d-flooring

So do I need to open more or all cartons to see what I have,they seem awfully short so far. Kind of bummed...

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Did i get ripped off? Shorts in box
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am 
New User

a few typos from phone-
to clarify only 3 pieces between 18 and 24" nothing longer
l

Profile E-mail