Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discontinued Wood
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:55 pm 
Heard about a product that was discontinued soon after production started due to structural problems (engineered). Now I see it on a web site for sale.

I guess its buyer beware. Oh, its not this site though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:44 pm 
So, anyways, update. The prosource lady called up MY client and tried to sell her some of the Tarkett stuff that had been discontinued. What a Bitch. She told her there was only 900ft left and she better hurry.

The problem with the sample I saw was that it had a beveled edge on the length, but the ends were square. Lots of overwood on the square ends.

Post subject: Tarkett stuff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:59 pm 
New User

I installed some H-T American longstrip oak with runs dated in late 03. Floated on a pad/concrete slab. It had good fit and finish, and has done well. Ordered some last month and it is different, the tongues are notched every 2 1/2 ", the finish is different and the ends had finish slopped over the end which prevented a tight fit. I am in the process of returning it.

Q Has H-T changed their manufacturing methods? Is their QA as good as it used to be?

Q. Where can I find some older H-T stock if I can't get satisfaction with the new stuff? I would like a reference to the supplier who was trying to sell some old stock. I'm in San Diego, would hesitate to buy from a humid area unless someone can tell me it's OK to let it dry in the box for a while. :?

Q. And, do you pro's fill the voids just below the surface and in the t & g area with glue before tapping it together? I didn't want the glue to run down and stick to the pad.

Thanks, TRS. trandbernardine@cox.net