Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: dull looking ash floor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:58 pm 
New User

About 6 months ago we moved into our new house and we have ash hardwood floors throughout our home. We got this special cleaner stuff from a local lumber company but you spary it on the floor and then go over it with a terry cloth mop that requires no water. But, it seemed that it was not cleaning the floor so I used some orange glow hardwood floor cleaner on it a few times with a sponge mop. I have noticed that my floor looks really dull and has a streaky appearence. It almost looks like it got a residue on it. I stopped using the orange glo and back to the other hardwood cleaner but its not helping. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem and what I can use from now on to clean it. Should I use the Bona Floor cleaner?? Can you use this solution on polyurethane finished floors. Please HELP!!

trfrost.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:49 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Almost sounds like you have wax on your floors. If the floors have EVER been waxed, then a different maintainence procedure is called for. You need to determine if they have been waxed or not!

Post subject: wax on floor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:00 am 
New User

I have not waxed the floors but I did use a wood floor cleaner that was called minwax. Maybe thats what did it. Hope this helps in answering my question.
Thnaks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:19 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

OK, you said you moved into your new home but were the floors new too! I mean, had someone else lived there before? They could have waxed it. Also, you mentioned using Orange Glow floor polish. This is sort of like Mop n' Glow. It is a "refresher". I don't have any experience with that product as it is somewhat new. What does the label say about using it and cleaning the floors after using it?. I don't believe one is supposed to use Orange Glo on a regular basis like a cleaner. You may have a build up of that and it will need to be stripped and the floors recoated perhaps. I would contact the Orange Glo customer service dept.