Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dust containment vacuum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:33 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Im thinking of breaking down and buying a dust containment vac. One large enough that i can attach the machines to. I dont want to buy the atomic trailer, just something to leave outside of the house and do its thing. Im looking at the bona vac but ive seen one from oneida. My question is to you all is who has something like this and which vacuum should i be looking at. Im not a big outfit so money is an object. this is why the atomic trailer is out of reach. Ive seen the small vacs but i think that would be no good due to emptying them every 20 minutes. Helpful ideas are appreciated.
Tony

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:10 pm 
Prized Contributor

Checkout this...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=45378

Post subject: vacuum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:29 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I this what you use? If so, how do you like it. Im going to check this one out a little bit more. Thanks
Tony

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Vac
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:13 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Do you have this one? How does it work? It looks like something i can get thats affordable for now until the motor burns out. I like the idea of keepiong it out side.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:43 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Both Clarke and Bona have units that are set up outside and are dismantled (not a trailer rig). Oneida(sp?) has a unit that some are praising. Clarke/Alto has a small portable that one pro I know raves about. My opinion is this. You need to define your needs carefully. IMO, those large, trailer mounted monstrosities are for larger,ego building shops. They are expensive and cumbersome. Who needs that? Bona designed the smaller Atomoic unit that runs on electricity. There are perhaps 20+ units out there in all price ranges.
Since my big machine does a great job of containing dust, I see no need to hook it up to a vac system. It's the edger and the buffer we need to concern ourselves with. If you're a one man op, then you only need a moderate system that will handle one tool at a time. It should be portable, efficient, well made, quiet as possible, energy efficient, easy to use, etc. A guy I know uses this and is quite happy with it.
http://www.clarkeus.com/Products.php?Br ... rke&Pro=75

Post subject: dust containment
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:37 am 
Newbie Contributor

I first want to thank you for your input. I do agree that its the edger and buffer that we need to concern ourselves with for the dust. I was thinking of trying to convert one of my buffers to attach to my vac by drilling a hose in the top, attaching a small vac attachment and installing a makeshift shroud around the base. This way i can hook it up to my backpack vac as i buff. This might work, in theory. Ive seen it done by another professional and it seems to work. In my area, dust containment is an issue but homeowners are leaning to the cheaper prices than the idea of dust containment. I offer a cleaning service to come into their home and clean and do what i can. I thnk this is the next step that can put me infront of the competition. Thanks again for the input.
Tony

Profile E-mail