Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Each room not tested before, now have diff types of oak
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:35 pm 
New User

Hi there - a contractor is refinishing our hardwoods in our house, several rooms. Our contractor wanted to see what type of floors we had so checked the kitchen only. There are 5 rooms total. Based on that (red oak) they added red oak to a tiled room we also replaced.

After sanding, turns out that only half the rooms are red oak; they admitted an "honest mistake" by testing one room only, but assured us that a product called "Red Out" on the red oak would make it look fine, just like the white oak rooms. It does not, and looks like each room has a different stain. Unfortunately no flow, goes from white to red to white.

If this problem was identified beforehand I'd be happy to address with the contractor. But they went on with this workaround and admitted little fault (though, again, they're workers said they should have tested each room "honest mistake")

My question is: should this be acceptable? Should they not have tested each room to see what type of wood is underneath vs a single room? I know this may not be a common problem but do not feel this should be acceptable.

Any help appreciated!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Each room not tested before, now have diff types of oak
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:39 am 
Prized Contributor

Every room in our house has different hardwood floors. Sorry that you need to have all the rooms the same. Do you have a written contract that states what material that is to be used?

Profile E-mail