Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Easy question for y'all ...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:28 pm 
New User

Hey Guys,
First off, I want to thank all of you professionals on here that take the time and bother to fool with us DIY people. Y'all have been really helpful and I've learned a great amount from you.

I am almost done installing a floating floor over my slab foundation. Thanks to all of the great advice here regarding prep and how to do things, I have had no real problems. Even now I don't have a real problem, just a question. I got four bottles of the recommended Hartco 99 adhesive when I picked up the wood. It should have been enough to do the job, but it took me quite a while to get the amount of adhesive right and stop making a mess! (You guys don't get paid enough!) The end result is that I have run out of adhesive but still have several courses of wood left to install. The local big box stores don't carry Hartco 99. They do have Parabond floating floor adhesive. OK, finally comes the question ... Do I hunt down and buy one bottle of Hartco 99, or can I just do the last couple of feet using the Parabond?

Every time I've asked about taking the lazy way out I've been shot down, so I suspect what the answer will be. I had to ask though!

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:54 pm 
Prized Contributor

Parabond make the adhise for a lot of manufacturers, and the manufacturers label is then place on the containers, when it is the same adhesive, with a hefty mark up.

The parabond is a great T&G glue.

So is Elmers wood glue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:41 pm 
New User

Woohoo!
Something I can actually take the easy way out on! With any luck, I'll get finished with the wood laying by this weekend and can start on the bases.

Thanks!