Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Engineered ClickLock recommendation Brand, Micro and Square
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:10 am 
New User

Two subjects-
On a click lock or snap together floor most if not all seem to be a micro bevel. One product I came across is a square edge. Seems like a good product for an engineered floor, 2.5mm wear layer, 9/16 thickness and 5.8 widths. I am curious if the square edge is going to have difficulty installing unless the subfloor is PERFECTLY flat.
http://www.hoskinghardwood.com/Hardwood ... ?pId=55413

It seems to me the 9/16 is a nice feature and will make the floor feel more solid and closer to a "real" hardwood floor. I have the suspicion that many of the 3/8 engineered floors are going to feel and sound like a laminate which I do not like. My concern is since the 9/16 click lock floor may have some edges that don't line up perfectly. I can spend time and get the subfloor really good and flat.

I do plan on spending up and using 1/4 cork, would the cork help it lay and stay flat?
Will the cork help it be more quite and not sound like a laminate or is not needed on a 9/16 floor?

Brands?
Lastly can anyone recommend a brand and supplier for an engineered click together type floor? My wants needs are-
click lock install, no edge gluing (I am in very high humid and will be closing up house in winter/summer at times if I travel)
prefer something thicker than 3/8 (sounds and feels better under foot?)
width in area of 5"
I would like to keep the price less than $6 a foot, area of 5 better as I have a lot of carpet to rip out and do this. Budget cuts into my new motorcycle funds!
I would like to find this product in the 5 dollar range.
http://www.balticwood.pl/usa/products/view/236

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Engineered ClickLock recommendation Brand, Micro and Square
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:54 am 
Prized Contributor

TTBadDog, click lock floating floors need more room to move than any nail or gluedown floor. And you would need to keep the rh and temp stable. That means you just cannot turn off the HVAC when you leave.
Cork or any other type underlayment will not help keep a floater flat. Floroflatness spec should be even closer to spec than the 3/16" in 10' to avoid movement and bouncy floors.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail