Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Engineered floating floor - Boen Parkett or Eko-Wood
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:02 am 
Posting here as well as another spot since we are under the gun to make a decision....

We're installing hardwood floors on the first floor of our Maryland home - because it is on a concrete slab, and one room has ancient (potentially asbestos-laden) tiles underneath, we've been advised to have a floating installation of a hardwood floor. Our contractor first steered us to Boen Parkett, but our pick is out of stock for many weeks. He's now suggesting Eko-Wood, and promising the same price. Any opinions on whether there is a substantial quality (and/or price) difference between Boen and Eko-wood? Warranty, etc., seem to be pretty similar, but I'd heard elsewhere that Boen might be a superior product. Is that true, and why? Thanks for any guidance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:28 pm 
New User

Boen is made in Europe. Top quality product.

Haven't heard too much about Eko, but it's made in Malaysia or Indonesia. Nothing wrong, but Boen has been making this product for a very long time and long strip is extremely popular in Europe. I'm surprised the Eko is the same price. I would have expected Boen to be higher.