Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exotic wood dust!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:43 am 
Prized Contributor

Driving home in the rain, and saw dust gets in both eyes as you roll out of the jobsite.

Drive me nuts!! Got home and took a shower and it is still in my left eye. Must be a splinter in there!! It's making my nose run, too. That was Wednesday. Got the junk out after a nights sleep, but...

Ok, worst has turned to even worse.

Wednesday, I cut out a 10 x10 section of santos mahogany gluedown floor. That is where I got the saw dust in my eyes, and I had my safety glasses on, a dust mask and my tee shirt up over my hose and mouth. Even with dust control, I had a dust storm going, cutting the flooring across the grain in 3 inch strips for removal.
Thursday morning I woke up with a mucus cough and the back of my throat raw. I nursed it all day yesterday with sore throat spray, until I ran out last night. I woke up at 3am yesterday morning, drownding in mucus, coughing it up, and my throat really sore. I finally got it under control enough to go back to sleep around 5am, by garggling with salt water.

Bugged me all morning and into the afternoon yesterday, until I took a 2 hour nap. Woke up and my throat was not sore anymore, but my nose felt like a bomb went off. Sinus headache from hell. Drip, sniffle, blow, drip, sniffle, blow. Took stuff my wife had for a past sinus infection, and it helped with the sinus headache, but the nose has been flowing since. I've gone through a box of kleenex.

WARNING!!!! Buy a respirator for cutting enormous amounts of exotic woods, like santos, or BC. I have learned my lesson, and thought I did enough to keep it out of my throat, nose and lungs, but I was wrong!! I'm laid up today, barely able to breath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:15 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I can relate. Santos is nasty stuff . And its fragrance can choke you out of the room .

Steve

acaflooring@gmail.net
Boise,Idaho