Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Feedback on Greenworld Industries flooring?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 pm 
New User

Hello, I have been reading this forum for a while and thought I would open my first post with a question. After shopping for engineered flooring for a while, I had pretty much settled on an acacia/teak by BR111. While checking for prices, one vendor talked up a competing product from Greenworld Industries and sent me samples. I have to admit, my wife and I really love the look (and the major price difference) of these Greenworld acacia samples. The scraping, distressing, and finish are beautiful. Though, after browsing around the net, I can find next to no information on this company. Even worse, the “about us” page for this company is a generic page in Italian that clearly does not contain real information. The vendor that sent the samples said it was produced in Texas, but that is all I have to go on.

Does any one here have any knowledge or feedback on this flooring manufacturer?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Feedback on Greenworld Industries flooring?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:32 am 
Newbie Contributor

Cannot reference the company BUT Acacia is a family of exotic woods that grow in a very wet, humid area. If you live in an arid area pay particular attention to the humidity levels manufacturers of these products require. Typically, 40% to 60% humidity levels. Wintertime when heating cold, humid air result in humidity levels as low as 10% to 15%. This will result in severe checking IF you cannot attain their humidity requirements. In El Paso TX I have inspected jobs where this has occurred. Beautiful wood but you will most likely need a whole house humidifier in the winter months should you use it.

Profile E-mail