Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Finishing Technique Problem
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:29 pm 
New User

Hi. I am new to this forum as I am doing my first large floor refinishing. I have a question about poly application technique. I am refinishing the floors on the upper level of my home. When you go up the stairs there are two large rooms. One to the left and one to the right with a 5' hallway in between at the head of the stairs. The flooring runs from left to right all the way through one room, through the hall and into the other room. I am going to use Bona Traffic HD. I don't know how to apply the poly to one room then the other finishing in the hallway and backing out down the stairs, which is the only egress, without rolling or t-baring over the previously finished area. Bona says not to go over the same area after 1-2 minutes. I have heard about pulling a dry line but it seems that is usually with the seam of a board. I would have to go across the grain to do that. I also don't know how a dry line works without leaving an obvious seam. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
BillS

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finishing Technique Problem
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:34 pm 
Prized Contributor

If you finish the large part of the bedrooms, using tape to end along the edge of the row of boards that are even with the door on both sides as a preliminary, you will have time to finish through the doorways. You have to tape off the edges of the boards and plan to do the work in two parts.
You could do the whole thing at once with another capable finisher working together.

Profile E-mail