Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My floor is bubbling
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:58 pm 
New User

Hello, I'm in desperate need of some advice or info on my wood flooring. My floors are engineered, glue down wood floors in a new construction home. After about 6 months of living in my home I noticed my floors were starting to darken and then bubbles started appearing on the top of the wood. I popped one, and it was brown, sticky liquid, I assumed it was the dye they used in the wood... Pretty soon all the floor started darkening, bubbling, and cupping but only on the perimeter of the room, right under windows or near doors. It appeared as if it was getting wet somehow, so my builder came back and popped up the wood, but there was no moisture on the slab. For good measure he left the slab exposed for about a month to make sure no water was coming through during a rain storm or something. After we were sure it wasn't getting wet, he relayed it and sure enough its happening again. We are all stumped and have no idea what is going on with this floor. Like I said, it's only on the perimeter where good amounts of sunlight comes in. I think the heat from the sun has something to do with it, but I'm no expert. We paid about $8 a sq foot for this flooring, so the problem shouldn't be its cheap... Also, once those bubbles in the wood pop it starts flaking away. I'm just confused and sad bc the floors are so beautiful and theyre brand new and I want to resolve it before my builder craps out on me. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance for your time!

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: My floor is bubbling
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:37 pm 
Prized Contributor

Did anyone check the moisture content of the wood in the affected area vs the non-affected area? My bet its moisture and it does not have to look wet. Moisture vapor emission is just that.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail