Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Floor installed yesterday with a pattern, please help!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm 
New User

After a hellish journey buying a house with a water damaged wood floor, choosing and purchasing a new floor, tearing the old floor out, prepping the slab, etc.. my new floor installation was completed yesterday.

The installation started Friday and Saturday with the hallway/foyer, which looks great. Then my installer completed the job yesterday in the attached large living space. The hallway was laid in a random stagger, but the living area was laid in a very deliberate pattern, which looks ridiculous in my opinion.

The first image is of the hallway/foyer and the other 3 images are of the main living space.

Would any installers lay wood in such a deliberate pattern as it is in the living room, absent a special request? Would you lay one area in a random stagger and another area in a pattern? Any advice on what I should do now? I really love the floor but hate the living room install and we have spent so much money on this!

Thank you in advance for any imput.

https://imgur.com/a/p79xGMf

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Floor installed yesterday with a pattern, please help!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:26 pm 
Prized Contributor

It looks like the planks are all exactly the same length. I would think that the pattern is not as conspicuous when looking along the length of the boards. Sometimes I recommend putting some fine art on the wall to look at instead of always seeing the floor. Sorry.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Floor installed yesterday with a pattern, please help!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:01 am 
Valued Contributor

The installer could have done better with the esthetics and avoided stairstep/lightening bolt patterns. Hopefully, when the room has furniture in it the patterning might not be so obvious.

Profile E-mail