Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My floor is poping??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:15 am 
New User

I had my solid wood floors put down about two weeks ago. I have notice in about four spots the floor pops. What can I do to fix it and will this be a common problem???

If there are any special tools let me know the name and where I can get the product.

The wood used is PRE-FINISHED Peruvian Rosewood 3/8"x3" Natural - PRPR3M

From Lumber liquidators

Thank you Sean Wilson Any help wood be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:00 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Was the floor glued down? If so, you are experiencing a grab and release problem with the adhesive, most likely due to a low spot in the substrate or failure to spread the correct amount of adhesive. Try this.
http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwo ... epairs.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:03 pm 
New User

Gary wrote:
Was the floor glued down? If so, you are experiencing a grab and release problem with the adhesive, most likely due to a low spot in the substrate or failure to spread the correct amount of adhesive. Try this.
http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwo ... epairs.htm

""For those seeking a repair on solid products glued to concrete substrates it's highly suggested to use the product manufactured by Bostiks Best.""""

Yes it was glued down

Can Bostiks Best be bought at Home Depot or Lowes??? Or should I just order it from "Bostiks"

I asked people are Home Depot and they had no clue what I was talking about.

Thank you for your help

I live in Dallas TX area

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:09 am 

I'm not surprized Home Depot has no idea what you're talking about. When you say you had them put down, do you mean you hired someone to install your wood floors? If that is the case, then the repair is their problem, not yours. I suggest you call the installer back to fix the problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:59 pm 
New User

Gary wrote:
I'm not surprized Home Depot has no idea what you're talking about. When you say you had them put down, do you mean you hired someone to install your wood floors? If that is the case, then the repair is their problem, not yours. I suggest you call the installer back to fix the problems.

Ok I back and the installer is just now coming back to fix it.

What glue would you suggest I have him use .

I just copyied the one page yall gave me?

I have real wood floors I know I cant use the Dri Tac but what wold be best?

Obtaining a repair kit such as the one we are using in this case can be found at most any flooring supply house. With the Dri Tac brand we're using as an example, the cost is in the neighborhood of $40.00 depending on where one lives. There are also other repair kits made by Bostiks Best, a urethane adhesive designed for solid products.. It's important to note at this point, DriTac can only be used on engineered products. Attempting a repair with solid products will cause cupping of the area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:35 am 

If it is a solid, then 3M makes an epoxy repair kit similar to the DRi Tack system except it's an epoxy and will dry (set) faster and not harm the flooring. Your installer should be able to buy it at most wood flooring distributors.