Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Floor Sanders your opinions on dura seal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:14 pm 
New User

i used to use dura seal stains a lot but found that other brands like bonakemi and minwax (i know dura seal is a minwax company) i find that my stain dries quicker and less bleed back oh and did i mention that the other brands don't have syrup included in the formula :)

FloorDoctor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:06 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Dura Seal sucks. I've been finishing floors for 25 years. When I started, DuraSEal was great. Then Minwax bought them and everything went downhill from there. Their stains have been reformulated more times than I could count. For me, the best system out there is Bona DriFast stain and Bona Traffic. Yes, it's expensive but it works great and the finish is real tough and the floors look great. I just charge more for it. If the folks want a budget job, the three coats of OMU natural. No stain or sealers. I'll usiually use Bona Woodline OMU as it dries fast and is fairly durable compared to others and has good build. Only time I'll use DuraSeal is if I have to attempt to match an existing floor stained with DuraSeal. DuraSeal= slow drying, expensive, bleedbacking, thick crud. Might as well use motor oil.