Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gaps in hardwood floors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 am 
Worthy Contributor

Has anyone ever noticed the slew of posts concerning GAPS during these winter months .... How come noone (especially in our dryer climates) has guided anyone to a humidifier on thier HVAC system .... Dry forced air coming from a heater is bad news on wide plank floors. The calls I get between Halloween and Easter are regularly GAP related. A few have called back the following winter to say thanks and that the humidifier showed vast improvement.

Any thoughts????

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:31 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Hi Will,
I tell my customers ALL THE TIME! No one listens! :x Then they call about small cracks or gaps in the floors and I get to re-educate them all over again. No one hear in CA. uses humidifiers so RH is all over the place. I set my humidistat up prior to starting a job and I gets Highs of 70+ and lows of 30-. And the clients swear their not messing with the HVAC! Yeah, right! Thats why it's 56 deg. in the morning when I come to get started. Customers, ya' gotta love 'em. :roll: