Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: glitza matte too shiny!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 am 
New User

I just finished a small repair for a cleaning service that damaged a homeowners floor. 3/4 x 2 1/2 White oak. The floor is only 3-4 months old, Glitza finish, very dull matte sheen. Homeowner insisted damaged boards be removed and replaced. Could not convince her to sand entire area. So boards were removed and replaced, carefully sanded down to flush, and taped off and coated with 2 coats Bacca, final coat Glitza matte, well stirred and properly mixed. The repair went well except for the fact that the Matte Glitza is still glossier than the rest of the floor. I am going back today to try to maybe buff with a soft cloth to dull the sheen or possibly even apply another coat but try to get a duller finish by dredging up some of the additives that settle to the bottom of Glitza and mixing a small batch with a strong dose of that. If that doesn't work, I don't really have a plan. Any suggestions fellas?

update: Poured off all but 1 inch in the bottom of the Glitza can prior to mixing, recoated it and it matched perfectly.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:14 pm 
Prized Contributor

Try rubbing compound.

oops didn't see the update...

Glad it all worked out for ya.